When this is over, will Jerry Moyes have a case against the NHL and others?
So much has happened regarding this case, I think we need to recap:
- Why might the court suspect favoritism to the Reinsdorf bid, and a U.S. Bankruptcy trustee has entered the fray?
- Land development and the promise of revenues outside of hockey with son, Michael Reinsdorf and others
- Michael Reinsdorf expert in lease negotiations – did he work or help the City of Glendale with the Jobing.com lease (notes)?
- More on possible unfair advantage and favoritism to Reinsdorf family by the City of Glendale (meet Uncle Glendale)
- more argument on the relationship of Glendale with Michael Reinsdorf and where was the assistance to Jerry Moyes?
- How much is the land development costing taxpayers, and don’t they deserve to know!
- Why secured creditor Michael Dell may accept renegotiating the$80 million loan to SOF Investments (land development subsidies – CityNorth)
- Who stands to gain large by holding the Jobing.com arena bonds from the City of Glendale, and why we need to know who holds them?
- Was Jerry Moyes just not in the club, and squeezed out by the friends of Glendale?
- Why was Vieste LLC, the NHL, and the City of Glendale so interested in the article on Moyes being ‘squeezed’?
- Who are the true partners in Arizona to the NHL?
- The Jones’ Group from Canada. Land deals too?
- MSD Capital tied to Research Edge LLC?
- ‘Muckety’ waters indeed! Not just anyone allowed in this club!
- Time to speak to Senator McCain and end the taxpayer abuse!
- The legal ‘eyebrow’ is officially raised as Jim Balsillie is denied by the NHL Board of Governors
- Jerry Reinsdorf a political fundraiser for Republican Senator John McCain
- the proof of collusion is in the deal
- the true state of the NHL being exposed
- Move over Rosen, is there more room at the MSD Inn for Alan Leventhal and the Beacon companies?
- How far will Gary Bettman go with this, and the bigger question, why?
- Did everyone know Glendale would be an eminent failure? Relocation here we come!
- Will the NHL turn out to have plastic integrity, as plastic as the ice in Vegas?
- Battle of the ‘BOG’, be it hockey, land, or REIT’s
- Crybabies in the Glendale Court. When the victim becomes the perpetrator.
- Reading through the lines. The true issue and story.
- Is it time to reheat the ‘done like’ dinner? Plan B bidders out of mothballs?
- Why the intense interest in ‘Done like Dinner gets reheated’?
- How do you compare the treatment of Tom Hicks to Jerry Moyes? Bias against Balsillie?
- Why Jim Balsillie didn’t stand a ‘dog’s chance’ in the BOG vote.
- Glendale should have taken some ‘Smart’ advice, and avoided ‘Kaos’
- Bring on ‘squeeky clean’ Eugene
- One flew ‘out of’ the cuckoo’s nest. Jim Balsillie is the new Dirty Harry!
- Making it work. Do they know something we don’t?
- Mixed signals – Enough already!
- The ‘Passion that United Us All’!
- Something’s rotten in the state of Glendale and the NHL
- It’s snowing in Glendale
- Everybody gets a new lease, part duh!
- Time for the ‘brave’ of ‘heart’ to support Canadian rights!
- Legal Liability of the Senators and Leafs:; Criminal charges?
- 2007 Competition Bureau Investigation: Did it take the MLSE letter of 2006 into account? Was it presented by the NHL?
- Time to send an email or letter to your MP related to the veto issue and antitrust
- So, the NHL thinks they can end this fight?
- The “4.3 ‘per sans’ solution”
- The Veto Zone is the “Twilight Zone”?
- Testing a judge’s resolve: the case of the ‘waiting chair’…a precedent in the making
- a ‘Penny’ for the NHLPA’s thoughts
- Plenty of Veto proof if needed
- Can the NHL really expect the one yr out clause concession?
- You’d all better listen to Papa Baum
- Does King Bettman think he got the better of Duke Moyes?
- Anti-competition disguised as a character issue: Opposition yet to come!
- The Legal Roadmap to a hockey team for Hamilton (Romanoski)
- Double Bubble: Why Glendale wouldn’t take the $50 million offer (Romanoski)
- Ignoring Mr. Moyes: That’ll cost ‘him’
- Coming Full Circle: The case around the suspicion
- The NHL doesn’t always follow it’s own constitution does it (Baum)?
- Let them eat cake (Galante)
- Trying to understand Wayne Gretzky
- Eugene, which way to Wonderland? We need to find Alice
- Moyes – from under the bus to driving it
- So they are suggesting the court can be manipulated?
- Cheque and a ‘check mate’ to come
- Why Citizen Wayne needs to forget Citizen Kane
- There’s no time like the precedent! (Sandor)
- Judge, I’m tellin’ the truth! (Sandor)
- “Rent-a-turkey” in ‘Garyworld’
- Expansion may be the new deal
- Click here to file your complaint about the Veto of the MLSE (Maple Leafs Sports and Entertainment) to the Canadian Competition Bureau (CCB).
- Sign Gordie Canuck’s petition against NHL merchandise sales here.
When someone at Vieste LLC viewed the article on Moyes being squeezed, did that person contact the NHL head office? After the NHL viewed the article and other articles on this site, did they contact the City of Glendale, who also viewed the website for the first time?
Where there’s smoke, there’s fire?
Why would they waste their time? After all, the deposition of Commissioner Bettman and Bill Daly was to occur the next day. And Glendale was already involved in a bunch of work due to the court demanding they turn records over to the Goldwater Institute.
So, why would that article get some attention? And why would the NHL be on the site just 27 minutes after Vieste LLC?
Why would a developer and investment firm possibly be talking with the league? Could there have been a nerve hit?
And, why yesterday was Mercantile Capital Corporation (owned by Michael Reinsdorf), checking out the article on why the Glendale taxpayers deserve answers?
Who holds the bond for the Jobing.com arena may make this case very compelling. What if it is one of the players mentioned here? That would explain much! I hope the Goldwater Institute is able to obtain that information, as it may assist in any question of unfair advantage or collusion. It may be the icing for this cake. At least Goldwater will be able to make public all the information that the taxpayers deserve to see.
And, when the aftermath of this is behind us, the lawyers for Jerry Moyes might just be getting restarted. If it can be shown that the NHL holds non- arms length relationships with land developers and financers, and these parties in essence, “hold the league” captive, then Moyes could have a civil lawsuit against the NHL. The relationship of a league should be of primary concern first to the members of the league – owners and players, and only secondarily to the municipalities and developers building the facilities. To hold an owner, stripped of rights because of poor development strategies is potentially actionable in court. I would wish Jerry Moyes well in that regard. And, for that matter, all other owners in the NHL should be aware of this as well.
Perhaps the coming days will tell us more. I think at this stage everyone deserves the real truth! And, please, no more PR City Hall rhetoric trying to explain away what lies much deeper. It really is getting rather ‘old’.